- 2009- to present Senior fellow in Transplantation Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh
- EDUCATION (Graduation & Post Graduation) 1993 - 1999 Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, MBBS degree and Internship
- 1999 – 2002 Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal, M.S degree in General Surgery
- 2004 – 2006 Kettering General Hospital NHS trust, Northants, M.R.C.S degree in General Surgery
- 2007 – 2009 Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. Fellow in multi organ transplantation
PRIZES AND DISTINCTIONS
- Gold Medal for the best out-going postgraduate student in Surgery - Manipal Academy of Higher Education University, Manipal, India (2002) .
- Distinctions in Surgery and Obstetrics and Gyaenecology, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology,Forensic Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry - Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India.
- Second Prize for presentation at Resident’s Research recognition day, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA.
- 2001 - Third Place in Association of Surgeons of India-National Postgraduate Regional selection round.
- 2009 – Second Prize for presentation ‘ at Resident’s Research day at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- 2004 ‘Plain X-Ray in Acute Appendicitis’. Gabriel Rodrigues, Lavanya Kannaiyan, Mahesh Gopasetty, Srinivas Rao and Rajgopal Shenoy. The Internet Journal of Radiology 2004:3(2).
- 2003 ‘Evaluation of P-Possum Mortality Predictor Equation and its use as a Tool in Surgical Audit’. Mahesh Gopasetty, Gabriel Rodrigues, Sunil Kumar Reddy, Gokuldas Shenoy. The Internet Journal of Surgery 2003:5 (1).
- 2005 ‘Abdominal epilepsy and foreign body in the abdomen-dilemma in diagnosis of abdominal pain- a case report’ Noor Topno, Mahesh Gopasetty, Annappa Kudva, P.Lokesh. Yonsei Med J 2005;46(6):870-873.
- 2003 ‘Segmental Jejunal Lipomatosis-A rare case of Intestinal Obstruction’. Rajagopal Shenoy, Gabriel Rodrigues, Mahesh Gopasetty, Lavanya Kannaiyan and Srinivas Rao.Yonsei Med J 2003:44:359-361
- 2001 ‘Systemic Lupus Erythematosis with extensive cutaneous gangrene with Cutaneous Cytomegalovirus Infection: A case report’. Gopasetty MS, Kumar P, Krishnand G, Arunkumar G, Balachandran C, Bhaskara KG. Indian Journal of plastic Surgery 2001;34:15-19
- 2002 ‘Colonic Pseudo-Obstruction due to Herpes Zoster’. Gabriel Rodrigues, Lavanya Kannaiyan, Mahesh Gopasetty, Srinivas Rao, Rajagopal Shenoy. Indian J Gastroenterol 2002:21:203-204.
- Co-edited chapters in the 2nd edition of a book 'Manipal Manual Of surgery' (In print). Author: Dr. Rajagopal Shenoy K. Publisher: CBS Publications.
- 2008 Presented paper titled ‘Hepatitis C recurrence based on donor steatosis following liver transplantation’ at annual Resident`s recognition day, MUSC, Charleston, SC.
- 2002 Presented paper titled ‘Evaluation of P-Possum Mortality Predictor Equation and its use as a Tool in Surgical Audit’ in the category of award paper at the XX Annual conference, Karnataka State Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India, held on the 22nd to 24th February 2002.
- 1998 Poster presentation titled ‘Networking in Trauma Management’ at the International Conference on Emergency Medical Services Systems, New Delhi, October 1998.
- 1998 Poster presentation titled ‘By the present Medical Education in India, do we emerge prepared for emergencies?’ International Conference on Emergency Medical Services Systems, New Delhi, October 1998.
Conference, Workshops and CME’S
- 2002 Participated by presenting a paper titled ‘Evaluation of P-Possum Mortality Predictor Equation and its use as a Tool in Surgical Audit’ in the XX Annual conference, Karnataka State Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India, held on the 22nd to 24tg February 2002, JJMMC, Davanagere, India.
- 2002 Participated as delegate in ‘Endoscopy live 2002’ workshop on gastrointestinal endoscopies, at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India on 20th January 2002.
- 2000 Participated as postgraduate student, in CME – Hepatology, conducted at the Kasturba Hospital, Manipal on 15th October 2000.
- 2000 Participated in teaching sessions on 23rd and 24th September 2000, at the Annual CME of the Association of Surgeons of India, Kerala Chapter - Thrissur, India.
- 1999 Participated in Workshop on Rehabilitation of The Cancer Patient, conducted at Kasturba Medical College. Manipal. India, on 24th October 1999.
- 1998 Participated in the National Conference on Disaster and Technology, Held at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, on 25th and 26th September 1998.
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Trust, Kettering, UK
01 October 2006 - present
Registrar, Breast and General surgery
- 3 January – 30th September 2006
Registrar, Vascular and General surgery unit
- 1 August 2005 - 2 January 2006
SHO, Colorectal surgery unit
- 2 February – 3 July 2005
SHO, Breast and General surgery
- St.James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
6 December – 25 January 2005
Clinical Attachment, Hepatobiliary and Transplant Unit
- Midstaffordshire General Hospital NHS Trust, UK
4 Oct.2004 – 26 November 2004
Clinical Attachment, Breast and General Surgery
- Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal, India
September 2002 – August 2004
Senior Resident, General Surgery
- August 1999 – July 2002
Resident Postgraduate in surgery
Two years in general surgery and one year rotation in surgical specialities (CTVS, Neuro, plastic, paediatric surgery and Urology)