The liver performs a number of vital bodily functions, such as:
- Removing contaminants from your blood
- Converting nutrients from the foods you eat
- Storing minerals and vitamins
- Regulating blood clotting
- Producing proteins, enzymes, and bile
- Making factors that fight infection
- Removing bacteria from your blood
- Processing substances that could harm your body
- Maintaining hormone balances
- Problems with the liver can make a person very sick and can even be life-threatening.
For the body to function properly and for you to lead a healthy life, it is important to identify liver diseases and treat it as soon as possible.